Lust

It wasn't an aimless meandering. No, not exactly aimless.

I don't have a Parker-Hale type jag but am convinced cleaning rituals will be exponentially enhanced by merely owning one. (I honestly don't know why but they are as rare as 2" 12GA shells)

An innocent enough goal for lunch trip: procure jag. 

Just like the grocery store who puts the milk in the furthest point from the door-the cleaning equipment was similarly. Would/could I be blamed for taking a moment to see what had come in? Maybe that new Browning O/U since it doesn't look like there will be a test model delivered to my door. 

No. 

Nothing as reasonable as that.   







Benelli Ultralight 28GA

4.9 #

Seriously: 4.9#

Nothing followed me home (nothing but the bitter-sweet memory of the graceful,  gossamer like wand-o-death that pointed exactly where I looked because someone had even inserted the shims to adjust stock for cast-on). 

I was mostly cured of being a 'weight weenie' years ago when a friend, a professional cyclist, told me the easiest way to loose weight off my bike was to cut it from the blubber I was hauling around. (Not excusing rotational weight, where it is EASY to feel a real difference! Making one upgrade to a bike? Put it in the wheelset).

If that wasn't enough there was the conversation overheard in a bike shop:

Patron enters and asks 'is there is anything that I can put on my bike that will make me faster?'

The answer from the shop after she left - "yeah, miles". 

So it's not just about the weight-although that certainly is a plus; no denying it. 

And there is a very good list of the reasons I DON'T need one: starting with-I hunt behind a spaniel.  

That's it. That's enough. There doesn't need to be any other reason. 

Shots behind spaniels aren't exactly pokes, but I'm not the one doing the flushing so when a bird gets up it's already a 16 to 27-yard trap shot. I need to throw 1 to 1 1/8 oz to maintain a pattern. 


My list of one reason should be enough to shutter the ides and I would have no need to ponder the matter further if I hadn't seen the bricks B&P are stuffing in their 28GA shells:

Yes, Virginia. That's 1 1/16oz....
  

Comments