strange dream

I don't put too much stock in dream interpretation, but I'll do my best to honestly recount last nights dream...

In the dream I was looking through two litters of brit pups, all around 6 weeks old. The pup was being offered as a free gift, and since several had been sold I wouldn't get first pick.  I was smart enough in my dream to ask to see the sires and dam.  (Yes, sireS. Dream weirdness-one dam but two sires. Could happen? Technically... but...it's a dream and I'll just let it roll.)

I saw several pups that were interesting and had potential, but those of interest were from sire #1 who was off-site so I couldn't see.  The available pups (more dream weirdness-all the pups were mixed up and running loose- lots of fun to have 16 pups running loose, but how they knew which pups were from which sire is beyond me, and why they showed me pups that I couldn't have...)

Sire #2 was their personal dog, and on site, so they were able to bring him from the kennel.

This sire, for all intents and purposes, had the conformation of a british bulldog!! The owners, friends of mine, swore up and down that it was in fact a Brittany and even had it's papers (replete with titles-even thought this particular dog had never been in the field), but the dog had pigeon toed front feet, bad nasal respiration, high clipped ears, and short hair.  The coloration was correct at least.

I wound up not taking one of the pups.

My take-away from the dream?

Ask to SEE the sire and dam.  I don't know enough to read a pedigree and understand why and what all the outcrosses were meant to instill in the line.  Pedigrees can be fantastic, but still not produce the dog I want.

Comments