It's what's for breakfast

Tomorrow is the Father's Day celebration at my daughter's school. In an effort to be as inclusive as possible Moms, aunts, uncles, granddads, etc... are invited. So while really it's XXXXXX Day and I'll be thinking that it should really be "YYYYYY" day, chromosonally speaking; it should be a lot of fun.

We're invited for the morning and to bring hammer and nails to fabricate sculptures with our kids, who will paint them for us.

Last year we were very representational and wound up with an airplane. Perhaps this year we'll be more expressionistic?!??! I'll have to wait and see what the boss has in mind. (I'm just in charge of nails and hammer)

Also, we were requested to bring food and apparently there is/was a signup sheet with suggestions posted outside the classroom door, but still being a bleary-eyed-bloke in the AM thanks to the time change I still haven't fully recovered from, I didn't notice above mentioned sign-up sheet until there was only one slot left.

"Quiche:  _____________________"

Many years ago there seemed to be a political firestorm over a book Real Men Don't Eat Quiche that's apparently now long out of print, but it made enough of a splash in our little town that it was the launching point for more than one sermon from the Sunday morning pulpit. So as a youngster it was indelibly etched on my psyche that any egg based pie was verboten...until I learned that I really liked quiche. (I decided that was ok, I just had to keep it a secret for fear of a repeat of the "easy-bake oven incident")

So, quiche is the suggestion and I gladly put my name down.

Now, with the recent discovery of the "hipster hunter"

Rise of the Hipster Hunter
Hipsters Who Hunt

I will do the hipster thing and see how 'cool' I can be and see exactly how many of my fellow dads are in on the 'game'.

Tomorrow's menu will include a venison sausage quiche.  Wish me luck. If no one eats it I promise it won't go to waste.





Comments

Post a Comment