UPLAND EQUATIONS: A PRESIDENTIAL PURSUIT, PART THREE: THOMAS JEFFERS...

I've never cross posted someone's blog post, but this is a really interesting read.  I have the greatest respect for Jefferson but I am distraught to read his views on dogs:
I participate in all your hostility to dogs, and would readily join in any plan of exterminating the whole race. I consider them as the most afflicting for all the follies for which men tax themselves. But as total extermination cannot be hoped for let it be partial . . . . should we not add a provision for making the owner of a dog liable for all the mischief done by him, and requiring that every dog shall wear a collar with the name of the person inscribed who shall be security for his honest demeanor?

UPLAND EQUATIONS: A PRESIDENTIAL PURSUIT, PART THREE: THOMAS JEFFERS...: AUTHOR'S NOTE:  Here is the third and final installment of my article on bird-hunting presidents.  The first two installments on Geo...

Comments