one season closes with sign for the next

Hopefully not everyone get's worked up at the site/sight of crap. 

What the pic below tells me is that even though my whitetail season is over, my hunting season isn't. It could also explain why I've had such an abysmal woodcock season, and why despite the hundreds of piles of treetops left by the loggers there hasn't been the increase in cottontails I was hoping for. 

.270 included for reference (3.30 OAL)

who is the likely culprit?
or

The question is whether to trap, to call, or both. 

I don't have an aversion to trapping, but I'm not really looking forward to it. I know it's probably the most effective means for controlling the predator population. Truth be told, if it's bobcats I would just a-soon leave them be. I think they don't have nearly the impact as coyotes as they're more territorial, but that could be a total misconception. 







Comments